Potok Inter Engineering Company is a renowned expert in air decontamination offering technology that has no analogues in the world. It inactivates all types of airborne microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, funghi, mold etc.) with greater than 99% efficiency within 0,5 seconds.
POTOK Bioinactivation Technology is based on a physical method of influence using constant electric fields of alternating polarity with further fine filtration of inactivated biomass and aerosol particles.
Potok Inter Engineering Company designs and produces air decontamination equipment of different type but all based on Bioinactivation Technology: standalone devices, duct built-in units, ceiling-mounted air distribution systems. All devices are patented in Russia, Ukraine, Japan, United States and several European countries where it is considered as having no comparisons.
AIR DECONTAMINATION AT ITS POWERFUL BEST!
JOIN THE REVOLUTION IN AIR DECONTAMINATION!
POTOK Air Decontamination based on Bioincativation Technology is carried out in two stages:
First stage: In the inactivation area it comes to combined repeated exposure to the microorganisms through electric fields of alternating polarity, which causes irreparable damage to microbial cells: once inactivated this way they cannot revive.
Second stage: In the area of fine filtration it comes to the capture of destroyed cells’ fragments on highly porous nanoelectrodes of the electrostatic precipitator. Filtration efficiency thus corresponds to the filter class H11-H14.
Bioinactivation Technology* helps to:
- Enhance microbiological safety of the air;
- Protect products from airborne microorganisms contamination;
- Prevent the appearance of new microorganisms with increased resistance to existing disinfectants resulting from constant mutations;
- Prevent accumulation of live microorganisms in filters, air ducts and other elements of ventilation systems;
- Deal with the problem of inefficiency of traditional air decontamination technologies etc.
* NO UV / NO OZONE/ NO IONS/ NO HEPA/ NO PHOTOCATALYSIS
- INNOVATION – we believe that the only way to be competitive today is to implement innovations on everyday basis;
- COMMITEMENT – we are committed to always striving for the best possible solutions and we are in the forefront of technological and environmental developments in our fields of expertise;
- SUSTAINABILITY – we recognize that healthy people and healthy planet go hand in hand;
- EXPERTISE – we claim that we are renowned experts in our field of study.
Joint research with the Institute of biochemistry and physiology of microorganisms named after G. Skryabin of the Russian Academy of Science showed the following impact on microbial cells:
|Before treatment||Effect||After treatment|
|Complete structural demolition
Organelle membranes and cytoplasmic material undergo almost complete destruction. Cytolemma is no longer structurally organized
|Multiple membrane perforations
The membrane changes its shape and becomes rounded. It is now covered with multiple micro clefts. Cytoplasm is heavily thinned due to cytoplasmic material loss through local membranic clefts
|Membrane heavily stretched, cytoplasm disorganized
Cell wall stretching and cytoplasmic material disorganization occurs
The studies were carried out at G.K. Skryabin Research Institute for Biochemistry and Microbial Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino.
Effectiveness against viruses.
|Virus species/Strain||Name||Initial concentration (Log PFU/mL)||Inactivation effectiveness (%)|
|Bird flu (HPAI)||A/Chicken/Suzdalka/Nov-11-2005,
relating FIPAI (H5N1)
The effectiveness of the technology has been proved in numerous tests. “POTOK” has received favorable results regarding microbial and viral inactivation effectiveness from leading R&D institutions and laboratories located in Russia and abroad:
Harvard School of Public Health (U.S.A.)
- Bacillus subtilis spores
- Serratia marcescens
- Aspergillus niger
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Staphylococcus aureus
Vektor, State Science Center for Virology and Biotechnology, Novosibirsk
- Bird flu (HPAI) virus
- Vaccinia virus
Ivanovsky Research Institute for Virology
- Influenza virus
N.F. Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology
- Pittsburgh pneumonia agent, Philadelphia I virulent strain
- Staphylococcus aureus Wood 46
Central Research Institute of Tuberculosis
- Mycobacterium bovis BCG
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Pseudomonas species
- Bacillus species
From G.K. Skryabin Research Institute for Biochemistry and Microbial Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Research and Educational Center Eco-biotechnology, Pushchino:
"Potok 150-M-01 ADU provides effective (close to 100%, NLT 99.99% with due regard to experimental uncertainty) single-pass inactivation of highly concentrated lyophilized aerosol containing Pseudomonas fluorescens, Micrococcus luteus and Saccharomyces cerevisiae, within a contact time of about 0.5 seconds"
V.A. Dmitrieva, Director, REC Ecobiotechnology
V.I. Duda, Chief of Laboratory, IBPM RAS
From N.F. Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow:
"Based on confirmed studies, we can make the following conclusion about the Potok technology as used in Potok 150-M-01 system:"
- The technology provides inactivation of airborne microorganisms with an effectiveness of up to 100% (above 99%)
- No living microorganism accumulation occurs inside active/contact element of the device
- Microorganism inactivation (sterilization) process is localized within the inactivation zone of the functional subunit
- A single Potok 150-M-01 device is capable of disinfecting rooms as large as 100 m3, to provide decrease in airborne bacterial contamination level from 1011 CFU/m3 down to 0 CFU/m3 within 90 minutes
V.V. Petrosov, Senior Research Fellow, Candidate of Medical Sciences,
Head of Immunoprophylaxis Team Legionellosis Laboratory
Vektor, State Science Center for Virology and Biotechnology, Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellfare, Novosibirsk:
''The use of the Potok 150-M-01 device in a single-pass of highly concentrated aerosol on containing the bird flu (HPAI) virus and the Vaccinia virus resulted in highly effective aerosol filtration (by weight) as well as the desired effectiveness of airborne virus inactivation, in particular:
- Aerosol filtration effectiveness (by weight) is 98.33%
- Airborne virus inactivation effectiveness is 99.63%
Based on the testing, we conclude the high level of effectiveness of aerosol filtration and a desired effectiveness of airborne virus inactivation resulted from use og the Potok 150-M-01 ADU
Prof. Doctor of Medicine A.N. Sergeyev